Introduction to Sampling (Part One)
- Introduction to recording sound files and basic manipulation of sound parameters in Max 7 looking in particular at the sfplay~ object. Exploration of possible strategies for creating compositional form in live electronic music.
- During class laboratory time, try these tutorials, bearing in mind that you are welcome to use Max objects and patches (collections of objects) without knowing how they work in detail, although being aware that you can investigate them further:
- The Audio Granular Synthesis part of the Max Tour
- The Sound Collage lesson (after the Max Tour)
- The Elastic Audio lesson
- Over the next few weeks read Chapter 1P Digital Audio and Sampled Sounds from Electronic Music and Sound Design vol 2.
- Here’s a demo of some time-stretching, reminding us of Ableton?
- Introduction to sample editing using Audacity.
- Try the Lynda introduction to Audacity.
If there’s time left over, go over any task 1s brought in for feedback.