Basic algorithmic strategies / MIDI Controllers [first task set]
Basic algorithmic strategies for generating musical ideas over time. Overview of MIDI in Max 7, including the use of hardware control surfaces for the manipulation of sound properties.
- Basic algorithmic strategies: using a metro to create rhythms (NB these links may well expire, in which case, get them directly from the Facebook group).
- Darwin Grosse IDM-5
- MIDI -midiparse
- Qwerty keyboards
- ‘Piano’ keyboards (see algorithmic strategies)
- Game Controllers: various controller patches
- Try controlling the IDM-5 patch with a controller…
- Korg units…
- Use a controller to create rhythms
Task 1 is set this week. Please bring along your first attempts next week.